Stop navigating from one website to another, and read ALL the information you need before you leave home.
How can you get your Madrid bullfight tickets? You have several options to purchase them, but the easiest one is to do it online.
First, check the official schedule to see if a bullfight will take place while you are in Madrid, and then you should determine where you want to seat. Madrid bullring, Las Ventas, has several types of seats and prices vary depending on their visibility.
Don’t wait until the last minute. Purchase your Madrid bullfight tickets online now.
Tip: If you are travelling around Spain and happen to spend some time in Madrid, have a look at the official schedule to check if some date fits your itinerary. If they don’t, you can always check the bullfighting season in Seville.
Follow this complete step by step tutorial and purchase your tickets in just a few seconds.
You can purchase your bullfight tickets from 3 different sellers:
Thus, your preferred option should always be purchasing your tickets online as soon as you know the dates in which you will be travelling.
Tickets are released a few days after the bullfights are scheduled and the official dates are published. The sooner you buy your bullfight tickets, the greater your chance of choosing the best seats.
Actually, depending on the event, Madrid bullfight tickets can be sold in just a few hours. This is why you should buy your tickets as soon as possible. Fortunately, you can now get yours online.
The price of a ticket varies depending on several factors. And as you have probably guessed, the better the seat, the more expensive it is.
Seats in the bullring are priced based on proximity to the arena and whether they’re in the sun or the shade.
The importance of the bullring, the type of festival and the bullfighters that participate are also decisive elements that will determine the price of the ticket. For instance, a ticket to attend a fight at Las Ventas is more expensive than at La Maestranza in Seville. To give you another example, it will cost you more to see the biggest names in the industry than a beginner novillero.
Therefore, prices for corridas can go from less than 20€ to several hundreds depending on where and when you buy it.
In Las Ventas, the best seats are situated in the tendidos 1, 2, 9 and 10 because those tendidos are located on either side of the president’s box.
As you may have guessed, the closer to the arena, the better the seat (and the more expensive).
So the best rows in these sections are:
These are the seats in Las Ventas that I recommend you, in order of preference.
Las Ventas has a seating capacity of 23,000+ and it is divided into 3 different areas. Each of these areas is divided into several sections or tendidos. In other words, a tendido is a “slice” of the bullring.
Moreover, Las Ventas has different types of seats depending on their location and how close to the arena they are:
A look at Las Ventas seat map will help you visualizing the seats’ distribution.
The process to purchase your bullfight tickets online is extremely simple. All you have to do is follow these steps and you will be done in a couple of minutes.
1. First, select the bullfight you want to go to according to your travel dates.
2. Then, have a look at the seating chart and select the area you would like to seat in (sombra, sol y sombra or sol). If you have not done it yet, read the previous section regarding the seating capacity and my preferred seats.
3. Select your seats. Remember that the closer to the arena the better you see the action, but also the more expensive the price is.
4. Fill out your personail details. At this point, you can also register (which is something that I recommend you to do) so that all your personal information is saved for future purchases. Confirm that all your personal information, and your email address in particular, is correct. Otherwise, you will not get the confirmation email.
5. Select your payment method and fill out your payment details.
As soon as you receive the confirmation email, you are done!