How can you get your Madrid bullfight tickets? You have several options to purchase them, but the easiest one is to do it online.
First, check the official schedule to see if a bullfight will take place while you are in Madrid. Then, decide where you want to seat. Madrid bullring, Las Ventas, has several types of seats and prices vary depending on their visibility.
Don’t wait until the last minute. Purchase your Madrid bullfight tickets online now.
Tip: If you are travelling around Spain and happen to spend some time in Madrid, have a look at the official schedule to check if some date fits your itinerary. If they don’t, you can always check the bullfighting season in Seville.
Follow this complete step by step tutorial and purchase your tickets in just a few seconds.
What is the best option to get your Madrid bullfight tickets?
You can purchase your bullfight tickets from 3 different sellers:
- The easiest and fastest option is to get your Madrid bullfight tickets online. You don’t need to wait in line and you don’t have to deal with the language barrier (don’t expect the sales staff to be English proficient).
- You can also get them at Las Ventas box office. However, you risk not having tickets at all (especially during the most popular festivals such as the Feria de San Isidro, the Feria de la Comunidad and the Feria de Otoño) or ending with not-so-good bullfight tickets if don’t manage to communicate with the staff and don’t have a good idea of where you want to seat.
- You can try to buy them through a reseller who will ask for a much higher price. These ticket scalpers usually operate at the bullring surroundings and look for last minute clients. I strongly advise you against this option.
Thus, your preferred option should always be purchasing your tickets online as soon as you know the dates in which you will be travelling.
Madrid bullfight tickets availability
Tickets are released a few days after the bullfights are scheduled and the official dates are published. The sooner you buy your bullfight tickets, the greater your chance of choosing the best seats.
Actually, depending on the event, Madrid bullfight tickets can be sold in just a few hours. This is why you should buy your tickets as soon as possible. Fortunately, you can now get yours online.
Madrid bullfight tickets prices
The price of a ticket varies depending on several factors. And as you have probably guessed, the better the seat, the more expensive it is.
Seats in the bullring are priced based on proximity to the arena and whether they’re in the sun or the shade.
The importance of the bullring, the type of festival and the bullfighters that participate are also decisive elements that will determine the price of the ticket. For instance, a ticket to attend a fight at Las Ventas is more expensive than at La Maestranza in Seville. To give you another example, it will cost you more to see the biggest names in the industry than a beginner novillero.
Therefore, prices for corridas can go from less than 20€ to several hundreds depending on where and when you buy it.
Type of seats at Las Ventas bullring
What are the best seats at Las Ventas?
In Las Ventas, the best seats are situated in the tendidos 1, 2, 9 and 10 because those tendidos are located on either side of the president’s box.
As you may have guessed, the closer to the arena, the better the seat (and the more expensive).
So the best rows in these sections are:
- Delantera baja.
- Tendido bajo.
These are the seats in Las Ventas that I recommend you, in order of preference.
- Barrera. The best and most expensive seats are located in the barrera, which are directly behind the wooden wall surrounding the arena. The second row right behind the barrera is the contrabarrera. Both offer the best views.
- Palco (only available in tendidos 1 and 10). They are next to the president’s box, so you will be seated right above the area of the arena where most of the action takes place and where presumably the matador will perform his faena.
- Tendido 1 or 10. Both are in the shade (sombra) and very close to the presidential box.
- Tendidos 1, 2, 9 or 10 (sombra). They provide the best value for money – you will benefit from the shade and you will have a good view.
Las Ventas seating capacity
Las Ventas has a seating capacity of 23,000+ and it is divided into 3 different areas. Each of these areas is divided into several sections or tendidos. In other words, a tendido is a “slice” of the bullring.
- Shade area (sombra): tendidos 1, 2, 9 and 10. The best seats are always in this area. But they are also the most expensive.
- Sun and shade area (sol y sombra): tendidos 3 and 8. As the fight goes on seats become shaded. If you seat here you will be exposed to the sun first and, depending on its location, you will then be in the shade.
- Sun area (sol): tendidos 4, 5, 6, and 7. These are seats are the most uncomfortable because you will be dazzled by sunlight. Despite they are the cheapest ones, I suggest to avoid them particularly during the summertime.
Moreover, Las Ventas has different types of seats depending on their location and how close to the arena they are:
- Tendido bajo.
- Tendido alto.
A look at Las Ventas seat map will help you visualizing the seats’ distribution.
How to get your Madrid bullfight tickets online easily
The process to purchase your bullfight tickets online is extremely simple. All you have to do is follow these steps and you will be done in a couple of minutes.
1. First, select the bullfight you want to go to according to your travel dates.
2. Then, have a look at the seating chart and select the area you would like to seat in (sombra, sol y sombra or sol). If you have not done it yet, read the previous section regarding the seating capacity and my preferred seats.
3. Select your seats. Remember that the closer to the arena the better you see the action, but also the more expensive the price is.
4. Fill out your personal details. At this point, you can also register (which is something that I recommend you to do) so that all your personal information is saved for future purchases. Confirm that all your personal information, and your email address in particular, is correct. Otherwise, you will not get the confirmation email.
5. Select your payment method and fill out your payment details.
As soon as you receive the confirmation email, you are done!